This Privacy Statement will inform you of:
- What personal information we gather about you when you are browsing our Covered Sites.
- How we use and with whom we share the personal information we gather.
- Your ability to opt out of future notifications.
- What security procedures we have in place to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration.
- How you can correct or update your personal information.
Please note that our Covered Sites contain links to other unaffiliated third-party websites. Roksit is not responsible for the privacy practices, privacy statements, or content contained in or regarding these other unaffiliated third-party websites that do not include this Privacy Statement.
In addition to the personal information identified above, we use “cookies” and other statistical and tracking technologies as described in this Section in connection with the operation of our Covered Sites. A cookie is a piece of information that our Covered Sites send to your browser, which then stores this information on your system. Other statistical and tracking technologies, such as web beacons, clear gifs, HTTP headers, also work in ways that collect information about your visit and use of our Covered Sites. We may use both temporary and persistent cookies based on the cookie’s purpose. Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor to our Covered Sites.
We use these technologies in four ways:
- To provide a service: A cookie may be used to provide you with a specific service. For instance, if you request our Covered Sites to remember your login password or remember your profile in a response to a blog post, we deposit a cookie on your computer to facilitate that service. If you are logging into an access-controlled section of our Covered Sites, we set a temporary session cookie to establish that you have been authenticated. The information contained in these cookies consists of random data that is used by our server to authenticate the browser requests to the server for that particular session. These cookies do not include any type of personal information. This bit of information is erased when you close your current browser window. If you choose not to accept a temporary cookie, you will not be able to navigate in these online applications. We also use a cookie when you visit our Covered Sites and request documentation or a response from us. When you are filling out a form, you may be given the option of having our Covered Sites deliver a cookie to your local hard drive. You might choose to receive this type of cookie in order to save time in filling out forms and/or revisiting our Covered Sites. We only send this type of cookie to your browser when you have clicked on the box labeled “Please remember my information” or another box with an equivalent content when submitting information or communicating with us.
- To understand our visitors: When you visit our Covered Sites, our systems may automatically collect statistics in aggregate about visitor behavior. We may monitor statistics and other data such as how many people visit our site, the user’s IP address, which pages people visit, how users interact with page content and functionality, from which domains our visitors come, which browsers people use and how they move about our Covered Sites. We use this data about your visit for aggregation purposes only. These statistics are used to help us to understand our visitors’ interests and improve the content and performance of our Covered Sites. If you come to our site from one of our business partners, our web server may also send your browser a temporary cookie that reflects an origination code for that business partner. We use this information for statistical and marketing purposes.We also use a cookie when we track traffic patterns on our Covered Sites. Analysis of the collected information by our tracking technologies allows us to improve our Covered Sites and the user experience. If you choose not to accept a persistent cookie, you will still be able to use our Covered Sites. Even if you choose to receive this type of cookie, you can always set your browser to notify you when you receive any cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it in each situation in which one is sent. We may supplement this unidentified user data with other data to better understand our users. For instance, we may relate a user’s IP address to the company to which it relates to better understand our visitors’ interests.
- To advertise: We may tailor our advertisements to certain users based on the unidentified user data and related information. Also, we may receive information on unidentified users’ movements on other websites to tailor advertisements to them on our Covered Sites and, likewise, provide unidentified user information to service providers, such as an ad agency, who places our advertisements on other websites to market to these users that visit them. You can opt out of this tracking by accessing the link below. You will need to invoke these opt-out procedures on each computer you use. If you opt out, you may still see Roksit advertisements on other websites you visit, but these ads are not user specific and are not placed because of your past visits to our Covered Sites.
III. USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
If you respond in a blog forum on our Covered Sites, you should be aware that any personal information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these blog forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. Roksit is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums. You are also responsible for using these forums in a manner consistent with the Rules of Engagement or other terms and conditions set forth on the relevant forum website. Third-party social media buttons displayed on our Covered Sites may record your IP address, browser type and language, access time and referring website addresses. When you are logged in to those social media websites, they also may link this collected information with your profile information on that website. We do not control these third-party tracking technologies.
IV. HOW WE USE AND WITH WHOM WE SHARE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE GATHER
The personal information we gather from you is used and disclosed by us only as explained below.
- Sending You Responses and Updates
We generally respond to any email questions, requests for product or service information, and other inquiries that we receive. We may also retain this correspondence to improve our products, services, and websites and for other disclosure purposes. Frequently we retain contact information so that we can send individuals updates or other important information about our services and products. Occasionally, these updates or other important information may be distributed by third parties on our behalf. Our subsidiary companies may also send you information about their services and products. In situations where you have supplied your information in connection with a question or request for information about a product or service offered by a Roksit business partner, we may also send the information you have supplied to the Roksit business partners that offer such products or services. Please be assured that these Roksit service providers and business partners have agreed to ensure the privacy and security of any transferred information and may only use the shared information to send you information about products or services about which you asked, or for sending updates or providing services on our behalf.
- Facilitating the Support, Renewal, and Purchase of Our Products and Services
We may use the information you submit to contact you to discuss the support, renewal, and purchase of our products and services. We may also provide the information you have submitted to us to a Roksit subsidiary, business partner, or independent reseller (either within or outside the United States) so that the subsidiary, business partner, or independent reseller can contact you and facilitate the support, renewal, and purchase of Roksit products and services. You may receive a communication directly from one of our subsidiaries, business partners, or independent resellers. Please be assured that any subsidiary, business partner, or independent reseller who contacts you for one of these purposes has agreed to use the information we supply only in accordance with a confidentiality agreement. To find out the names and locations of the subsidiaries, business partners, and/or independent resellers to whom we have provided your information, please contact us at the address given at the end of this Privacy Statement.
- Covered Sites
Some of the Covered Sites may provide you with an opportunity to submit requests for information, such as a search request for an available domain name or a domain name suggestion. Your requests may be processed by Roksit or its service providers in order to provide you with the information you have requested, such as domain name suggestion search results.
- Products and Services
During your use of products and services accessible on the Covered Sites, we may collect and use personal information from you, for example, when conducting a search on one of our Covered Sites for an available domain name or domain name. We may use this information to market products and services, validate, modify, enhance and/or improve any of Roksit’s products, services and/or data made available via the Covered Sites and to evaluate if certain uses of products and services made available via the Covered Sites result in use of additional products or services provided by Roksit or its third-party marketing partners, such as if new domain name registrations are completed as a result of your use of a domain name suggestion service offered on a Covered Site.
- Disclosure by Law and Protection of Roksit and Others
If we are required by law to disclose certain information to local, state, federal, national, or international government or law enforcement authorities, we will do so (for example, we may disclose the identity of purchasers of certain software products to the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Export Administration, as required under the terms of our export licenses). We will also disclose information to third parties as necessary in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, Roksit may share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud, or enforce or apply Roksit agreements.
- Whois Service
We are required under our agreements with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”) to offer a WHOIS service with respect to the top-level domains (such as .com, .net, and .name) for which we are the registry operator. The WHOIS service provides free public-query based access to domain name registration data submitted to Roksit by domain name registrars. In some instances, we are required to offer a “thick” or “extensive” WHOIS service that includes certain personal information associated with the registrants of domain names, including, but not limited to, the name, address, phone number, fax number and email address of the domain name registrant and the administrative and technical contacts for the domain name (collectively, the “WHOIS Data”). The WHOIS service is available to any user of the Internet and therefore the WHOIS Data submitted to Roksit by domain name registrars may be disclosed to third parties unassociated with Roksit or any of its business partners.
- Business Transitions
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, Roksit decides to sell, buy, merge, or otherwise reorganize businesses or business units in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is Roksit practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
From time to time, we may request information from customers via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Unless otherwise stated in the survey, survey information may be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use of and satisfaction with our Covered Sites, and improving our customer service and product offerings.
- YOUR ABILITY TO OPT OUT OF FURTHER NOTIFICATIONS
From time to time, we notify our subscribers of new products, announcements, upgrades, and updates. If you would like to opt out of being notified, please contact us at the address given at the end of this Privacy Statement. You can also change your preferences online. If you receive a marketing communication from our subsidiaries, business partners, social media providers or independent resellers, you should opt out with that entity directly.
V. OUR SECURITY PROCEDURES
We consider the protection of all personal information we receive from our Covered Sites’ visitors and subscribers as critical to our corporate mission. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of any personal information we receive from you. As with any transmission over the Internet, however, there is always some element of risk involved in sending personal information.
Our security procedures are subject to at least an annual SOC Type II audit by an internationally recognized accounting firm.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you our products and services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
VI. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
If a material change is made to this Privacy Statement and/or the way we use our customers’ personal information, we will post prominent notice on our home page.If a material change is made to this Privacy Statement and/or the way we use our customers’ personal information, we will post prominent notice on our home page.
VII. CONTACT ROKSIT
If you have questions or complaints about this Privacy Statement, you may contact us in the following ways:
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please specify “Privacy Statement” in the subject line of your email.